Monday, October 06, 2008

Only Mommy Will Do

My little, sweet love, Christian, was sick yesterday. It was the start of a stuffy nose and warm forehead, and all he wanted was Mommy.

You give them medicine and a juice box and then they want to lay on you and watch a movie with their blankie.

I hate that my son was sick, but I do love those moments of lying with him and comforting him. He knows when he doesn't feel good, Mommy is always there.

The cool thing is that God provides us comfort all of the time. Not just when we are sick. He is there with His word, but do we go to it as often as we should?

I want to dive into His word when I am not in a crisis. I want to open my Bible on a daily basis and learn. We should know better than to run to Him only when times are tough. We need to feed ourselves with His word daily. This way, when times are tough, those words will begin to flow through us and comfort us.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. a clean bill of health.
2. fresh, fall flowers
3. feeling good about myself
4. parent teacher conferences
5. new opportunites

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative