Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Boots

When I was about three years old, I had a pair of cowboy boots. They were black with red and white stitching and I wore them everywhere. With jeans, with shorts, it just did not matter, as long as I had my boots. I still have them. The front tips are pointed upward, from when I would sit on my knees to watch television.

They are sitting in the front living room by the fireplace and the other night my little three year old found them. Right now he's all about stick horses and cowboys (like his mom was) and he wanted to put them on. They fit perfectly. It's his big treat every so often to put on my little boots. He looks just precious in them.

It's funny how God works. When my parents bought me those boots they had no idea their grandson would find joy in them. (And also that I would find joy in seeing him in those boots.) It flooded my heart with memories of my Dad who nurtured my love of horses. I miss him desperately.

The little things in life are so important. We pass by them everyday without a thought, until something special happens and we see the enormity of what those little things mean.

God has created this world for us to enjoy and to love. Look around today and find joy in the little things.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. the opportunity to speak
2. a boss who fights for her team
3. plants
4. stick horses
5. boots

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative