Monday, February 16, 2009

A Relaxing Day

I took a day off and stayed home with my men. We slept in, the boys made pancakes and we went on a hike at Rockhound State Park. I played on Facebook way too much and am finishing dinner. It's been such a relaxing day.

I think we don't do that often enough. You know, throw up the white flag and just surrender.

In order to live a complete life in Christ we have to surrender to Him everyday. I try to start my day, before my feet even hit the ground, by surrendering to God. I pray that all I do is for His glory. I fall short of the mark often, but when I do give everything up to Him, my days are better.

I am struggling with worry. It can be crippling when the Enemy sneaks in and grabs you where you are most vulnerable.

God has not left me hanging out to dry yet. I have to keep telling myself and beleiving and praying that His will be done.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. a recipe by Emeril
2. apple pie
3. the outdoors
4. Bear in the Big Blue House
5. snuggling

1 comments:

D Wright said...

I have been searching for suggestions for good books to read. I am looking forward to a few relaxing days in March, and want to find a really good book. I have enjoyed reading some of the books on your list. I loved reading all of Jan Karon's books and enjoy her website at www.mitfordbooks.com. Thanks for sharing your ideas for good reading!

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative