Monday, February 23, 2009

Loneliness

I have discovered something as a ministry wife. Life can get lonely. "How can you be lonely with two active sons?", you ask? It makes no sense. But I am getting there.

We all long for relationships. For deep, meaningful relationships. I have one friend who I have that with here, she is in ministry as well, but she also has children, and responsibilities at home and at church.

I long for fellowship among women my age and I thought there was a glimmer of hope with a new Sunday School. But, after class yesterday, it sounds like it may be a bit too "fundamentalist" in thought. (Someone made the comment that part of The Shack was heresy and others were in agreement...that's when I knew I was in trouble).

Sometimes I wonder if my beliefs and thinking are not lined up with a specific denomination of church. That I tend to think too broadly. But that may also be because I still consider myself new in study. I am trying to find my way.

I know one relationship that I have that is deep and meaningful and that is my relationship with God. I can tell Him anything. He knows how I feel before I do. He knows the innermost workings of my heart. I rely on Him daily. Before my feet even hit the ground I speak to Him.

Do you know Him?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. my snoring dog
2. black clothes
3. pictures
4. lessons learned the hard way
5. my friend Beth

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative