Friday, February 20, 2009

Faith Friday's

I've decided to dedicate Friday's to posting about Faith. My faith wavers from time to time, especially when I start to doubt myself and when I get anxious and worry about things out of my control. So, here's to faith!

Faith is rejecting the feeling of panic when things seem out of control – His control. Pamela Reeve

This has been a struggle for me lately. Worry that leads to panic. Now what good is that going to do? Will it solve my problems? Will it make me feel better? Will it bring glory to God?

I am only human and I tend to react before I think about God sometimes. How do I honor Him in these situations? I need to put Him first, pray and know that He has a perfect plan for me.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

Throughout my life I have seen doors open and shut (sometimes slam) in my face and yet God always opens another one for me. It's usually a big window. A window leading to brand new opportunities

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. writing
2. friendships
3. de cluttering
4. possibilities
5. trying something new

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative