Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I've Been Accepted!

Well, I received some great news today. I've been accepted to Asbury Seminary's Masters Program! I will be starting my Master's in Christian Ministries, with the possible end result of becoming a Deacon in the Methodist Church.

Classes start next week and I may just make registration and be able to get started.

I looked at the syllabus today and got a little overwhelmed. I mean, I haven't been to school since 1990 and it certainly wasn't online. I know it's Satan working on me. He's good at spreading doubt.

I've always wanted to get a Master's degree, but I never felt led in any certain area. I have a BME and I really didn't have a desire to get another music degree. I contemplated an MBA, but my heart wasn't in it.

I know this is the route I want to go. Even if I decide to not pursue becoming a Deacon, I want the degree. I want to study and dive into the Word. I know there are other ways to dive into the word, but I truly feel God leading me down this path.

The older I get, the more in tune I am with the Lord. I am so thankful. I hope my eyes and ears stay opened to where He is leading me.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. exercise
2. teachers
3. news via email
4. the blue, New Mexico sky
5. checkmarks on my list

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative