Monday, June 14, 2010

After Camp...

After camp my life went in a different direction.



I'm still not home.



Last Friday the guys met me for lunch after camp in Albuquerque before I had to fly out to Wisconsin to speak at a bleeding disorders event. Christian started having a bleed and some problems with his port, so off to the hospital we went. We were admitted and are still here.



Things are looking better, it just takes time for healing (I never did get on that plane).



I sent my husband and Lance home Saturday evening so they could take care of church Sunday and continue with their plans of going on to music camp in Sacramento. No need to put everything on hold.



So, Christian and I sit and wait for healing. We are hoping to go home by Wednesday.



When you are in the hospital with a sick child, the loneliness sets in pretty quick. Especially when you are not close to family and friends. But today a ray of light came into my life.



A new friend, who I spent last week at camp with as a counselor, came to visit us today! And she brought treats!



A new friend is always exciting but when someone goes out of their way to visit you, and takes the time to bring you a few things...it's just an overwhelming feeling.



The three of us spent our time in the playroom this afternoon. Christian held her captive...she was new and a willing participant to play :)



God shows up...all the time.



Today I Am Thankful For:



1. My new friend "D"

2. peanuts

3. fruit

4. $3 fire engines

5. duct tape

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative