Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Day My Life Began







Fourteen years ago, my life began. I always go back to that moment, when my oldest son was born.


I base everything off of when my life changed and I became a mom for the first time.


I remember seeing him for the first time, the doctor laying him on my chest and almost suffocating from the extreme love that came out of me. It was overwhelming. Something I will never forget.


When I was pregnant with Lance I always wondered, "Will he be musical like me and his Dad?"


Is he ever! He can sing like an angel and plays the oboe (like his mama).



He is so much like his father....funny, offbeat, singing all of the time. He is his own person and doesn't care what anyone else thinks about his personality.



I pray that high school brings him more opportunities and places to fit in comfortably.



I wish I could be with him all of the time to ward off those who don't understand him, but that will never happen again.



It has been my privledge to be his mom. I can't wait to see what the next year brings.


I love you, Lance.



Today I Am Thankful For:


1. your video games

2. always ordering the same drink at SONIC

3. your favorite foods are easiest to prepare :)

4. you actually can clean your room

5. your love of music

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative