Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Hit Over the Head

I feel like I've been hit over the head with a 2 x 4.



I am at Camp Sangre Valiente ( a camp for children with bleeding disorders and their siblings). I am so out of my element that it is almost too much to bear.



The first day I wanted to run away! I am not kidding!



I am a counselor for the younger girls. I have boys, so being around drama and giggling, etc. is very foreign to me, eventhough I taught this age for years.



But I know the Lord led me here for a reason.



To let go.



To experience something new.



To get out of my comfort zone.



To see how passionate members of the industry are in loving these kids and giving of themselves competely.



Isn't that what Christ calls us to do?



To love unconditionally?



Today I Am Thankful For:



1. Skype

2. strong coffee

3. sunscreen

4. bug spray

5. homemade desserts

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative