Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Waiting and Healing

When things are out of your hands, what do you do?

Wait.

We are having to wait for Christian's port to heal so that we can use it when we leave the hospital. Otherwise, we would not be able to infuse him when needed.

Patience.

Something my Dad had quite a bit of and something I've developed over the years.

Certain things we cannot rush and when we try we usually get into trouble.

Healing.

Not just the physical, but the emotional.

Sometimes you have to just give everything up to God and say "Thy will be done."

Healing.

I've been dealing with healing on the physical level lately, but I have a lot of healing to do inside as well.

Healing from a relationship that will never be the same.

Healing from the loss of both parents.

Healing from loneliness.

I am so thankful that I have God on my side to help me heal...one day at a time.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. hydrogen peroxide
2. Subway cups
3. crushed ice
4. dinner with a friend
5. my family being together

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative