Friday, June 18, 2010

I Prayed

I'm ashamed to admit it, but since I've been in the hospital with Christian I've not been spending time with God.



Yes, I cried out to him when Christian was being poked while trying to place an IV, but I've not spent time with the Lord on a regular basis.



We get into our routines at home (which I can't wait to do again) and the minute we go out of town, or an emergency arises, everything changes.



The time I spend with God daily is important to me. Why don't I continue that regardless of where I am at?



I think a lot of it is that we are truly creatures of habit.



Personally, I thrive on schedules and expectations, but when that world is pulled out from under me, things get difficult.



I prayed this morning and felt peace. I know God is always there, but I want to keep that relationship strong.



Prayer is not simply requests, it's about relationship.



What's your relationship like right now?



Today I Am Thankful For:



1. cotton balls

2. conference calls

3. white boards

4. 4 glasses for a dollar

5. hospital blankets

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative