Monday, July 16, 2012

Have You Prayed About It?


So often I get going in my daily routine and by the end of the day some things are laying heavy on me.  "If only I had given this issue some serious prayer…."  I have been establishing my morning routine of prayer and devotion but sometimes, I feel as if I am skipping through prayer.  I fumble and am not sure what I am praying for each day.  I think there is a lot to be said for keeping a small notebook with your Bible and daily readings to jot down those prayers you want to lift up to God.  It is something I am going to get better at with my prayer life.

 This spin on Matthew 21:22 stuck out to me.





Matthew 21:22 in the NIV says, "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."  That's trick.  This scripture makes it sound like whatever we ask for, we will receive.  If I ask for a million dollars, will I get it?  Probably, but not necessarily in cold, hard cash.

When I think of my family and the opportunities I have had and continue to have since our recent move, they equal well more than a million dollars.  I can't put a dollar amount on the things I have been blessed with in my life.  Those blessings have sometimes come with a heavy price, but nonetheless, have amounted to riches beyond my wildest dreams.

God's timing is not our timing.  When we pray, we are establishing that relationship with Christ.  We are developing a bond that gets stronger over time (as long as we nurture the relationship). 

Today I Am Thankful For:

1.  Playgrounds
2.   Scaffolds
3.  White boards
4.  A spotless house
5.  paperweights


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative