Friday, July 20, 2012

The Only Bible

How many Bibles do you own?  Personally, I've lost count, but I will admit that I do have a nice collection.  Different sizes, different translations….all very handy.  But the truth is that I always go back to my favorite.  It's my Life Application Study Bible.  I've had it for at least 10 years and it is the one that I go to first. 


I recently read about a great gift idea.  Giving a Bible.  Not just a new Bible with the person's name embossed on the cover, but your personal Bible with all of the highlighting and notes written in the margins.  It was even suggested to buy a new Bible, use it for a year, then give it as a present to maybe your teenager, or in preparation for a graduation or birthday.

Great idea!

Having a Bible is great, but the truth is, "we" may be the only Bible someone ever sees or hears. 

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."  Psalm 19:14 (NIV)

Our words and actions are so important.  The "oozing" we are challenged to do (yes, as much of the time as possible) is a huge commitment.  But Christ wants us to live the best life we can live and at the same time, be an example of His love to others.

Are you up to oozing?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1.  Volunteers
2.  The smell of rain
3.  Bookshelves
4.  Company at my house
5.  Wholesale clubs (Sam's)


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative