Monday, August 04, 2008

Sunday's

We have made Sunday a day of no television, no computers, and no XBox, until 5 pm...you have to start somewhere. Electronics have taken over and I am just as bad as my hubby and Lance. It's gotten to where I don't really watch t.v. (summer t.v. is pretty bad anyway) but I need the noise on. Or else my little one, Christian, is watching a movie. It just keeps me company.

It has gone extremely well. We read a lot after church, and take the customary Sunday nap. We go outside as a family and just have fun. There's not really been any complaining, which has been great. I am hoping we can extend our "No T.V." time, but know that we just need to take it a step at a time.

I want Jesus to keep me company. I don't need reruns and mindless shows on in the background, just the companionship of the Creator.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. My family is often on electronic overload and I have to set limits on the TV & games as well. I find it's hardest to keep my husband away from the TV though. :)

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative