Monday, December 08, 2008

Complete Surrender

I had a root canal done today. I wanted to ask my new dentist if he'd graduated high school. Do doctors just keep getting younger, or am I truly getting older?

I would rather go to the gynecologist than the dentist. I've just always had a fear of the dentist. As I was sitting in the dentist chair this morning, trying to keep my cool, I realized I was putting myself completely in his care. My mouth was wide open with a rubber protector over my mouth (that was a new one for me) and I had absolutely no control.

Sure, I could get up and leave at a moments notice, but with a gaping hole in my mouth!

For those moments today I was in complete surrender to Dr. W. It was a surreal feeling. Do I feel that way everyday when I surrender myself to God?

I start my day, lying in bed and asking God for the strength to completely surrender everything I do to Him. That all I do oozes with the light of Christ. Unfortunately, I often fall short of the mark.

All I can do is continue to put God first in all that I do. He loves me even if I fall short.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. a party in my home tonight
2. decorating for the holiday
3. candles
4. little tennis shoes thumping in the dryer
5. hot chocolate

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative