Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Joy

Christmas Eve. I think I enjoy Christmas Eve even more than Christmas Day. Going to church together, singing carols, celebrating the birth of Christ.

Putting the kids to bed and staying up to the wee hours with my husband wrapping presents in front of the fire discussing "life's issues", with a good cup of hot chocolate. I love these moments.

I am filled with an enormous amount of joy this season. My family is happy and healthy, we have our basic needs met and have love. I don't know what could be any better.

God gives us joy because that gives Him joy.

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. God's voice
2. wind
3. time off
4. warm boots
5. road trips

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative