Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Remember when...

Remember when you would wait all year long for "Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" to come on network television? You waited for the one showing for the entire year. There weren't DVD's and VHS tapes to pop in and watch your favoite Christmas shows over and over.

I told my twelve year old this as we watched "The Grinch" last night and he was mortified. The age we live in. It's crazy. In our household we have a main computer and three laptops, three iPods, two televisions, three cell phones.....and we are by no means "wealthy".

Our society is so fast. It emphasizes material possessions. It scares me.

I've never been a "Material Girl", and I just pray that what we feel is important in our lives is seen by our sons. Family, friends, love, and most importantly Christ.

My prayer is that we all "Keep the Christ in Christmas" this season and not let the material world get the best of us.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. my wireless mouse
2. Christmas trees
3. seeing snow on my trip
4. highs in the 30's
5. packing light

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative