Friday, December 05, 2008

The Truth

I was at a business dinner tonight. The usual happened. Schmoozing, eating, eating, schmoozing. It is nice to see my colleagues. We get together quarterly as we are spread out around the country. So it was good.

One of my colleagues started talking about his mother who passed away many years ago. He was working in hopsice during her illness and was telling me about how his experience in hospice work helped him and his family through the death of his mother.

Okay, so what's the big deal? Makes sense...

He kept on about how all the "right things" seemed "to happen". Everything "fell into place" the way it was supposed to. I wanted to stand on the table and yell "IT WAS GOD'S HAND, NOT COINCIDENCE!"

But, I couldn't. I was in a work environment and didn't know if he was a Christian.

I hate that. There are times I feel like I can't talk about God and want to shout from the rooftops about who He is.

As soon as that conversation was over, my other colleague next to me started talking about his days in seminary. :)

This is a perfect example of a situation in where we need to "ooze" Christ. Even if we can't talk about God, we can be His example in all that we do.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. a great business to work for
2. wonderful food
3. friends
4. a good book
5. fresh lemonade

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative