Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Small Stuff

I recently hurt my shoulder during my workouts at the gym. I am going to physical therapy for a few weeks to see if I can get my shoulder to heal without needing any kind of cortisone shots.

On my first visit, I was apprehensive. Working with big rubber bands, doing easy exercises for my shoulder. I mean, was it going to work? The last thing they did was an ultrasound of heat on my shoulder. I couldn't feel the heat, so I figured it was a waste of time.

Boy was I wrong! It's crazy, but those small exercises are working. And the best part of the session is the ultrasound. When it is finished, my shoulder feels great!

So often we think bigger is better. The harder the exercise, the more you sweat, the better the results. The bigger the present, the more money you have, more things, etc.

This time of year we can easily get bombarded with the thoughts of "more is better" instead of focusing on "the reason for the season."

It's the little things that count. Saying hello to a stranger, holding a door open for someone with their arms full, being a good listener. These are important things that may touch a person who is having an otherwise bad day.

God wants us to keep the Holy Spirit alive in all that we do. That's what "oozing" is all about. Keep God alive in the small stuff at Christmas.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. physical therapy
2. Winter finally arriving!
3. lights on the tree
4. new opportunities
5. prayer

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative