Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Doubt

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:19 (NIV)


Why do we let doubt even creep in to our minds?

I wish I could say that the above verse is on my heart all of the time, but often times, I begin to worry about things. "Will the shop find out what's wrong with my vehicle, will Christian's chemo have a good result when it's all over, will we stay in our current pastorate longer than a year..."

I know I could worry myself sick about everything, but then I'll be missing out on something really important...LIFE! Satan works hard at getting us when we are down. Even while things are going along great and we have that split second of wonder and doubt, Satan works his way in to destroy the good in our lives.

We have to keep our priorities in check...keep all of the important things on our list active in all that we do. We have to remember that doubt can destroy.

"I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." -Psalm 16:7-8 (NIV)



Today I Am Thankful For:

1. direct deposit
2. rental cars
3. phone cords
4. bookmarks
5. journaling

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative