Friday, November 20, 2009

Surprises

It touches my heart when someone thinks of my boys. Yesterday, one of our church members brought me a Lightning McQueen bag filled with goodies (from her little grandson) for my Christian. Since he'd been in the hospital, they had been thinking of him and made him a goodie bag. He loved it!

When we got home, a few hours later, there was a package at the door. For my Lance. It was from his old Sunday school teacher at our previous church. She made him his favorite...Snickerdoodles!

I was so touched and overwhelmed at the love shown to my children yesterday. A couple of nice acts that made each of them feel special.

Have you gone out of your way lately to touch someone's life? It's the simple things that often mean the most.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. the morning chill
2. a filthy house
3. having time to take off
4. road trips
5. peace

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative