Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Perspective

The things I worry about...
my weight
money
exercising
car problems
my house not being clean enough
what I want to be when I grow up.

Doesn't the Bible clearly tell us a few things about worry?

In Philippians 4:6 we are commanded "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

All of our needs are to be brought to God rather than keep to ourselves in worry.

In 1 Peter 5:7, we are instructed to “cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” God does not want us to carry around the weight of problems and burdens. In this verse, God is telling us to give Him all of our worries and concerns. The God wants to take on our problems because He cares for us. God is concerned about everything that happens to us. No worry is too big or too small for His attention. When we give God our problems, He promises to give us the peace which transcends all understanding (Philippians 4:7).

I recently heard about a woman who is battling cancer. She had lung cancer which has now spread to her brain. She has five children and she is 41 years old. 41. That's my age. I can't begin to imagine what she is dealing with. She's fighting for her life and I am struggling to figure out what the next right thing to do is.

Yes, I believe we all have our struggles and I am not trying to make light of what anyone deals with just because it is not a life threatening illness, but I think it is important that we put our lives into perspective. There is always someone dealing with something huge - probably bigger than anything in our own lives.

I know my Christian's chemo is a big deal, but I have also put it into perspective. I know that the children around him in the infusion suite are also dealing with huge doses compared to my son and they have their struggles, but it doesn't make ours any less important. We just have to give everything over to God and know that His will is being done.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. muffins
2. the Nomads
3. new windows
4. dust
5. flash drives

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative