Monday, November 23, 2009

Our ultimate reward

Had a scare this weekend. My husband had to go to the emergency room. He is a diabetic that has controlled his diabetes through diet and medication for several years, but now it seems as if he may need to go on insulin.

He was not feeling great and found out that his sugar was extremely high.

When you have someone (or you are) in the hospital you start to think about life ending. I've been doing that a lot as I've gotten into my "forties." I always have assumed that I would be the one to "go first" because I can't imagine my life without my husband. I just adore him.

To see my husband sick just scares me. He's doing great now but these things happen and make us think about our mortality. Sometimes I find myself thinking about what I would do if my husband passed away. Where would I live, what about the kids, etc. It's crazy thinking but I think part of that thinking is Satan getting his hands on me.

What I should be thinking about is what my ultimate reward will be when I die! I will get to spend eternity at the feet of Jesus. It's time to not be scared of death but to prepare in our hearts for the day that we will meet God.

I lack quite a bit of wisdom where death is concerned. I pray that God give me the heart and soul to prepare for it.

"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12



Today I Am Thankful For:

1. choclate milk
2. an organized coat closet
3. a clean fridge
4. modems
5. possibilities

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative