Friday, November 13, 2009

"I'm Not Who I Was"

"God, thank you for not letting me be who I used to be."

Over the past eight years my life has taken a huge turn. My faith strengthened, I learned a lot about myself and my direction in life completely changed. I was a teacher living in suburbia trying to keep up and now I have a job that allows me to work from home, with a husband who is a pastor (in an itinerant system), and I have a new found passion for preaching God's word.

Back then I told someone, who I used to be close to, that they were "dead to me." Those words haunt me. Satan had his grip on me then in a very bad time in my life.

It's amazing how much freedom I feel now! I can never take those words back and I don't think that person will ever forgive me, all I can do is pray for them, but I know I'm not who I was, and I thank God for that!

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. volunteering with the local band program
2. reed diffusers
3. door prizes
4. 1/2 days off
5. breakfast at the local diner

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative