Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

If I was to list the things I am thankful for, I don't know if I could stop. It's not just the big things like a great job, or my health, but also the little things like peanut butter and biscuits at the local diner.



I can honestly say that I am thankful for the bleeding disorders that my children have. I've experienced a lifetime with them both and it has made me grow and will turn my boys into strong men.



I am also thankful that several years ago I learned that Thanksgiving does not have to be "done" a "certain" way...i.e. "Martha Stewart."



I am in a hotel in Santa Fe with my family, having a Thanksgiving feast (that I'm not cooking) at the Marriott with a leisurely movie thrown in. What a glorious day it will be! Surrounded by the mountains in what I deem "God's Country."



My prayer for you is that you do not get too overwhelmed by Thanksgiving. Don't be "Martha" (Luke 10:38-42)! Enjoy the company as "Mary" enjoyed listening to Jesus. It was a time she did not want to pass up.



Our lives are filled with charmed moments. Moments that we will hopefully be awake enough to experience and hopefully wise enough to appreciate (Katrina Kenison, The Gift of an Ordinary Day).



Blessings to you and your families on this day of thanks. Let's keep our days of thanks going throughout the entire year. Write down the things you are thankful for and go back and revisit your list. You'll be amazed at how you view the world.



Today I Am Thankful For:



1. family flying in safely

2. hearing my little one breathing as he is snuggled under the covers

3. rest

4. new cameras

5. a treasured new book The Gift of An Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative