Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Living Well Wednesday



I needed to be reminded to "focus". It's so easy to take everything in at once, and not any one single thing. Every time I sit on the sofa (in my spot) my two year old immediately climbs in my lap. I have caught myself getting frustrated when he does this because I am trying to watch a show, or reading a book. But I know that I need to stop, and focus on him. The other stuff can wait.

It's like our "Living Well". I so often think about being at my goal weight and how long it will take. And what happens, I get frustrated and overwhelmed. I don't stop and focus on just today. One thing at a time.

I actually feel great! I've been consistently going to the gym and have been watching what I'm eating. I'm not trying to go crazy with counting calories, I'm just focusing on three sensible meals and snacks. One step at a time.

I also am starting a new bible study, "Believing God" by Beth Moore. I started it several years ago, and never did finish. I have felt led to re visit this study, so I am excited about focusing on it over the next several weeks.

Here's to "Living Well"!

4 comments:

penguinsandladybugs said...

It sounds like you are doing well and getting focused. I love, love , love Beth Moore. I hope you enjoy her Bible study. I haven't done that one yet, but I hear it is one of her good ones (who am I kidding, I would love all of them)!!

Denise said...

Hang in there, you will succeed.

tammi said...

Just today, I read someone else who'd been really moved by that Beth Moore study. Sounds like a great one!

Here's to developing a sharp focus and never losing it!!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative