Monday, August 11, 2008

A New Baby

I just heard that an old friend of mine from Houston gave birth to a beautiful baby boy! Mom and baby are doing wonderful. He was diagnosed with Severe Hemophilia A like one of his brothers. It took me back to my youngest son's (Christian) diagnosis. I was certain that my oldest son's diagnosis of Severe Hemophilia A was a fluke. Surely I would not have another child with hemophilia. Well, God had other plans for our family and for my Christian.

I truly believe the Lord does not give any of us more than we can handle. I never dreamed I would have one child, much less two, with a severe, chronic, medical condition. It may sound strange, but Hemophilia has been nothing but a blessing in many ways to our family. Would I prefer that my children did not have the disorder? Of course! But we are equipped in every way to handle it and to raise our boys knowing that it is something they must live with and can live extremely full lives with little they cannot do.

I thank God for the road He has led me on. I encourage you to find the blessings in everything that comes your way.

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative