Wednesday, August 20, 2008

There's No Place Like Home



It is the third and final day of my business trip in Missouri. I am so ready to go home. So many people think traveling is "glamorous", but in truth, it gets old quick. I don't travel nearly as much as most of my colleagues and I can tell you this, it's not all it's cracked up to be.

It's really hard to "Live Well" when you are traveling. Last night we had a huge going away dinner for my boss and when you are in those situations, it's just hard to keep control. I did really well given the circumstances. The only thing is, I didn't work out. It had been an extremely long day into evening and I had a headache, so I went to my room and called it a night.

I am looking forward to going home, not just so that I can get back on my schedule of eating the way I should and exercising, but I just miss my guys.

Today I am grateful for:
1. 10 minute breaks in a long meeting
2. Tylenol
3. Sharing memories with colleagues
4. Hearing my sons voices on the phone
5. A great, big glass of iced tea

Join other women in their quest to "Live Well" by visiting http://www.christianwomenonline.net/live_well_wednesdays.html.

1 comments:

Denise said...

Hang in there sweetie, you can win this battle.

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative