Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Small Victory

Last night I had a business dinner. It was casual, as our team hasn't been together in a while. I love the team I work with. We are from all over the country and just mesh together so well. I am one of the oldest members on the team (not just in age, but in time with the company also). I ended up sitting next to a member from "Corporate" who is not a "member of our team", but is someone who is taking over as a person we answer to. I was pretty nervous. But it was great! We made great small talk and found that we had a few things in common and he was truly interested in the part I played on our team. The nerves disappeared! Victory for me! I felt as if I belonged (I've always known I did, but it's the demons playing games in my mind....)

I also worked out after dinner in the hotel exercise room! That, has never happened before. I "Lived Well" yesterday despite the traveling and business that happened around me. Woo Hoo!

Today I am grateful for:
1. Hearing my little one blow me kisses on the phone.
2. Hearing my oldest being jazzed about the 7th grade!
3. Feeling my worth.
4. A cool summer evening in Missouri.
5. Bottled water.

Blessings!

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative