Friday, January 14, 2011

An Intentional Journey

I’ve mentioned that my word for the year is “intention.” I want to think about what and why I am doing something. What makes it special? What makes it purposeful?
I also want this year to be about the journey with intention. What do I stumble across? What makes it hard or worthwhile?

There is a new member of the team I work with, who I happen to report to. (As I write this, I am in a hotel in Pittsburgh having just left dinner with her and will join her in meetings tomorrow before flying back home).

I approached my meeting with good intentions. I wanted to allow myself to be open while getting to know her better. I also wanted to be heard and understood. It’s amazing what having the right heart and attitude can do :) It was a great dinner, and we had great conversation about not just work, but our families as well. It’s a journey I will be on as I get to know her better and work closely with her.

Another journey I have been on involves my “Christian” and his chemo treatments. He starts the next big round of treatments Friday and here is the amazing thing. His doctor called me while at my business dinner to tell me that “Christian’s” inhibitor has gone down to 47.5! When we started the chemo treatments it was over 300! It’s working! Slowly but surely. The journey has been worth it.

And finally, I have also decided to claim 2011 as the year I journey to my best health. Not a journey to lose a certain amount of weight or work out a certain number of times a week, but I want it to be a journey of rediscovering myself and finding the place where I feel the best. It is going to be a combination of good eating, exercising, seeing the endocrinologist, and just plainly taking care of myself. I want to be around for my family and if I don’t get to feeling my best, I won’t be good for them.

I’m looking forward to this journey. What journey are you on?

“The journey is the reward.” Chinese proverb


Today I Am Thankful For:

1. A spectacular view
2. Snow
3. On time flights
4. Phone calls delivering spectacular news
5. Hotel coffee

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative