Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Surprise of My Life

After my "Lance" was about 4 years old, my husband and I decided we wanted to have another child. A year passed, then two, and then the trips to the doctor began. We even took part in some infertility treatments (nothing too major) and I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I even enrolled in a study through the UT Health Science Center and no luck.


But a few weeks after exiting the study, I was pregnant! I had truly, finally accepted that I would not bear another child, and lo and behold, I was pregnant. It wasn't quite according to our plans, since my oldest son was 9 years old. It was quite a difference in span of years between them, but you know what….we were thrilled beyond belief!

After an extremely difficult pregnancy, my "Christian" came into the world on January 18, 2006. All 9 lbs of him!

He had hemophilia, which at the time we did not expect, and his hemophilia has proved to be extremely difficult, but you know what I believe? That God has an amazing plan for this child.


And what I know? Is that I would not be who I am today without him.

I love you, Christian. Happy 5th Birthday!

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Thomas the Train
2. cupcakes
3. candles
4. piles of dirt
5. wooden choo choo tracks

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative