Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What is Most Important?

It's been a crazy couple of days. I was off work last week for a few days g with my Christian in the hospital and I have been slammed at work. I think today I might actually be able to take a breath. It's all good though. I would rather be busy than twiddling my thumbs.

In the midst of "catching up" I also had to do some reading and posting for school. I did not think I would be able to do it. Being in the hospital this last time took a lot out of me. I'm still not sure why, because I've been in the hospital for much longer periods of time.

I guess the bottom line is that it never gets easier.

This week I've started to really think about what I am doing….being a mom, with a little one that has more medical needs than most, being a wife, working full time, going to school, trying to take part in a Bible study online, and trying to take care of myself.

It's not working. It's just a bit too much.

I am at a point in my life where I may have bitten off a bit more than I can chew.

School has started to freak me out. There are times I am reading my assignments and it may has well been in Chinese! It's just a new language and I am really doubting whether or not I can do this. And I'm wondering if I'm in school for the right reasons.

What are my intentions? Why am I doing the things I am doing?

It's a journey. A journey to living my best life. A journey to determining what is most important.

The center of my life is God. At least it should be. I am letting everything else take over….and it's time to focus.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Grapes
2. Being productive
3. Being a couch potato
4. My new chiropractor
5. Leftover turkey

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative