Friday, January 21, 2011

An Unexpected Change of Plans

Don’t you love making plans? I'm one of those who like to make lists and check things off! You plan out your week, you have certain tasks that need to be accomplished and you actually look forward to being busy and productive.

I started my week by going to my first Yoga class at 6 am on Monday morning! I was so proud of myself for actually going to try something new (and so early in the morning). I figured my week was going to be great since it was off to such a fantastic start.

Then Tuesday rolled around and my “Christian” was having tons of trouble with his leg (and it was his birthday). Long story short, we had to go to the hospital in Albuquerque that evening and are still there (we should be discharged this afternoon).

No more Yoga or Zumba this past week, I missed a day of work because I was absolutely fried, and my schedule of things to accomplish is out the window! But the most important thing is that I was able to be with my son through a painful bleed and his chemotherapy treatment.

Plans. They can be a good thing, but when they change, we have to work to see the purpose in the change. I truly believe God is continually at work in our lives. He has this amazing plan for each and every one of us. Sometimes we listen to that nudge on our heart and other times we don’t. Sometimes we even get angry at the result of things in our lives, and finding the beauty in the things that make us angry is a stretch.

My Christian has been through more than most in his five years. And as I watched him struggle yesterday while being prepped for a procedure and as I watched him being laid on the table for his MRI, I knew at those moments that something amazing is going to happen in his life. Maybe he will be President, maybe he will be the researcher who figures out gene therapy and cures disease.

Maybe he will be the one person who sits with another and tells them that God loves them.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:12 (NIV)
Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Chocolate ice cream
2. IV poles
3. Heart monitors
4. Nurses
5. volunteers

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative