Friday, February 25, 2011

It's Always Something

When a child loses their first tooth, it's exciting! A little messy, but eventful. For a child with a bleeding disorder it can be all of those things...plus some.

"Christian's" front tooth has been loose and oozing blood on and off. His teacher was a little concerned yesterday, so I took him to the dentist to get checked out. The dentist took an x-ray and you won't believe what he found….an extra tooth! Another baby tooth is coming in before his permanent tooth!


Looks like he will be getting a few more dollars out of the tooth fairy :)

The dentist consulted with our hematologist and decided it best to pull the tooth (it was barely hanging on), so we went back this morning for the big event. When I saw that Christian would be getting a shot, I panicked! My fourteen year old has never had a shot in his mouth, so I was nervous. The dentist assured me all would be fine per his conversation with our hematologist, so I had to watch him give my little guy a shot (the dentist was pretty sneaky and fast). All is well.


It's moments like these that remind me about my sons and their hemophilia. I get snapped out of my complacency. I really do get complacent about hemophilia. Maybe that's a good sign...that we are living our lives fully and most importantly letting our boys live their lives with excitement and passion.

I will do whatever I can, for as long as I can, to never let hemophilia "rule" my sons.

I know for a fact that "whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." Philippians 4:13 (The Message)


Today I Am Thankful for:

1. an extremely productive work week
2. "Dr. Matt" and his gentle heart
3. a toothless grin
4. highlighters
5. a weekend away in Santa Fe





post signature

1 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

That makes it tougher than for most kids.

Happy blogoversary :)

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative