Thursday, February 03, 2011

What is Yet to Come

It's easy to get overwhelmed. I am the queen of that! When I start to think about work, school, family and all of the medical issues my little one deals with, it is overwhelming. Sometimes I wonder if this is all there is. Isn't that crazy?

Here I am , a pastor's wife, who struggles with doubt.

Doubt about whether or not I can produce in my job as well as expected.

Doubt about whether or not ordained ministry is truly the path God is steering me towards.

Doubt whether or not I am being completely present for my family.

I could go on and on, but fortunately God's word came alive to me today.

I am preparing a sermon for Sunday and today it really came alive to me as I was studying.


“What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” the things God has prepared for those who love him--1 Corinthians 2:9(NIV)


We have no clue what is in store for us on here in this world on in eternity. The best is yet to come! The world is not all there is. We are so busy "doing" and "going" that I think we can forget that our true reward awaits us in eternity. At least, I know I can forget.

My "plan" in life was to be a middle school band director, raise my children in the suburbs of the big city and bake cookies for the PTO at school.

Funny how God works. I'm in a second career, contemplating a third, raising my children in a very, small town, and the wife of a pastor. And knowing that the best is yet to come is also a bit overwhelming, but things are pretty amazing the way they are.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. bitter cold
2. an open Bible
3. warm scarves
4. hamburger patties
5. snow on the kitchen floor


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative