Tuesday, February 01, 2011

What Warms Your Heart?


You ever have those moments that just warm your heart? I've been blessed recently to have a few of those moments.

My five year old came home from the sitter's house and he was carrying an individually wrapped oatmeal cookie with cream on the inside ( The kind of treat I don't ever have in my pantry)! He asked his dad to open his treat. Without hesitation, my little one broke the cookie in half and said, "Here Big Bro." He shared that cookie with love without being asked.


My fourteen year old has been unusually helpful in the kitchen lately. He loads and empties the dishwasher, and even volunteers a night to cook dinner! As he was putting dishes away I leaned over and thanked him for his extra help. I let him know how much I appreciated the things he was doing. He then said to me, "It's really opened my eyes to how much you do, Mom. Thanks for doing everything you do."


My husband and I actually had dinner together...at a restaurant….alone! We talked about everything under the sun and he stopped, looked into my eyes, and told me how much he loved me. An unexpected, beautiful moment.


Through all of the busyness in my life, work, school, kids, chemo, church, God was present in a few extra powerful moments. Those moments get me through my hardest days.

Have you had any "moments" lately?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. The possibility of snow
2. A finished assignment
3. Office supplies
4. Being busy
5. receipts

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative