Monday, February 21, 2011

The Work to be Done

"Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing." Ephesians 2:8-10 (The Message)


I am being called to ministry. For the longest time I didn't really know what that meant. But through prayer and reflection I have come to believe that God is calling to me to get my Master's in theology. And actually, even going down the path of ordination to become a Deacon.


It's a really hard path. School is not easy. You might think that a field such as "theology" is just a bunch of people spouting off philosophy and Jesus, but I am here to tell you that it is much more than that.

I've gotten upset with God lately. Through my recent weeklong illness (still trying to feel normal) I've had to maintain my reading and posting for school. When I get overwhelmed with all of the reading and lack of understanding I have for so much, I get angry because I really want to quit and "go back to school when my little one is older." God has other plans. It's hard work and I know that pushing through and doing my best is what I am called to do.

I want to have the understanding and knowledge about my theology so that I can be a good witness for those who are seeking Christ. You don't have to go to seminary to be a witness for Christ, but I truly feel as if God is impressing this path on my heart.

He has work for me to do. I am still breathing, so He is obviously not done with me yet! I need to press on and do the work that has been laid out for me.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Being out of bed
2. A stocked pantry
3. The jingling of dog tags
4. Almost all of the clothes being washed
5. Big, old baskets

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative