Friday, February 18, 2011

When Things Come Up

Don't you love when what is supposed to be a "normal" week turns out to be nothing but normal? I started feeling bad Monday evening and Tuesday and Wednesday, I was in bed. I haven't been that sick in a really long time. I managed to get a few hours of work in Thursday and then I tried to catch up on my reading for school. The days I had planned on reading were spent in bed sleeping.

Sometimes it takes a lot to make you slow down.

It also takes a lot for you to give up control.

I have dirty clothes everywhere, my little one's room is a disaster and my menu for the week….well, let's just say our Wal-Mart pizza tasted pretty good tonight.

I have a stack of reading to do for school and a major project and test coming up.

I have to let go of things. I mean, my husband is more than capable, and my fourteen year old is a fantastic help, but when I can't "do" everything I feel pretty guilty. I even question whether or not I should be going to school.

Going back to school is like planning to have a baby….if you wait till you can "afford" the time and money….you'll never have that baby.

It all works out.

In the end, it won't matter how clean your house is, how many home cooked meals you make in a week, or if the towels in your linen closet match your bathroom.

What matters is the love you share with your family and the way you live your life….with passion.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Feeling better
2. Energy to read
3. Choo-choo's rolling on the wood floor
4. Dirty clothes
5. bookmarks

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative