Monday, April 04, 2011

Making Things Happen



“ Time is limited, so I better wake up every morning fresh and know that I have just one chance to live this particular day right, and to string my days together into a life of action, and purpose. ” Lance Armstrong


I've caught myself seeing the weeks go by with the same to do list in my head. I am realizing that progress is not being made in several areas of my life. I have to make things happen.

I don't want to settle...on my opportunities at work, with my weight, the state of my health, not moving forward with my speaking ministry. There are too many things I want to happen in my life and I am catching myself just settling and going with the flow.

One of the people I admire most is my husband. When he realized he wanted to be in ministry full-time as an elder in the church and not just a music minister, he made it happen. We lived in a small town in New Mexico and he managed to get to school in Denver once a week and took classes online...for three years. He is now pastoring our church and is completely happy. He followed his dream, his passion. It was not given to him on a silver platter, he had to work for it.

I think it might be that I am just a little scared. My life is nothing like I "planned" and I am grateful, because I am definitely not the same person I was ten years ago, but I think I need to step it up and make some things happen.

My son recently asked me if I had accomplished what I wanted with my life. I told him yes in many ways, but that I didn't believe I was where I needed to be quite yet.

Maybe I'm still trying to figure out what I am going to be when I grow up.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Ceiling fans
2. An unexpected chill in the air
3. Ink
4. Dry hands
5. Baby blankets

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative