Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Routine



There are some things in everyday living that just bring a sense of comfort and joy to my heart...

Being the first one up in the morning
My snoring, overweight Sheltie
My husband playing computer solitaire
Setting clothes out at night for the next day
Listening to my fourteen year old sing as he goes about his day
Stopping by Circle K for my morning coffee (I love me some gas station coffee)
Listening to my husband read night night stories
My five year old having his regular evening snack of raisins and milk (odd combination, I know)


I could go on and on about the little things in my life that mean so much. So many things that seem mundane are really precious treasures.

I have a routine in the morning. It's always the same. Why have I gotten so far away from using some of that time to be still and listen to what the Creator of the Universe has to say to me? It's almost like I am asking for something negative to happen. Do I really need for something to "shock" me into remembering how important my faith is in Christ ?

I know I am not the only one who leans heavily on God when things are rough. What I am seeing in myself is that I am getting comfortable. Comfortable in my surroundings, comfortable in my routine, and not praising God for those routine things that make life special.

Anyone can cry out to God when they are in despair.

When is the last time you cried out in praise to Him for no reason at all?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Easter decorations
2. newspaper
3. new fingernail polish
4. piano benches
5. raisins

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative