Monday, April 18, 2011

Sunday Morning Struggle

I struggle on Sunday mornings. As the wife of a pastor, "meeting and greeting" is part of the morning. I always feel like I have to be "on" and am always concerned that I am not "genuine" in my intentions. I'll admit, sometimes I have to pull myself up and "fake it" if I'm not feeling well or don't remember someone's name. Honestly, going up to make conversation with someone is not my strength.

Yesterday morning was different. I went early to fix a few small things (a new tablecloth at the entry, the new Children's worship boxes, water the new flowers, etc.) and for the first time I truly felt as if I was serving wholeheartedly.

It's not that I have served with negative intentions, but the pressures and expectations that go along with being the wife of a pastor are hard to sometimes deal with.

The bottom line is...I am a regular person. I don't wear a powder blue suit with a pill box hat on Sunday's with a casserole waiting in the oven when we get home. I am a broken person who struggles each day to do the best that I can. Each day is a new day to bring the best of myself to my family, our congregation and most importantly, myself.

I struggle and try to struggle well. Aren't we blessed to have each day begin fresh and new.

Remember, his mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23)

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. A clean yard
2. Memories of my Dad
3. Leftover roast
4. A fantastic Palm Sunday service
5. AA batteries

post signature

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thank you, nice to know I'm not alone in those feelings!

Anonymous said...

Not a pastors side but I can relate. You are a wonderfulperson. Keep up the good work. And keep writing.
Pam S

Cazandra Campos-MacDonald said...

Pam, you are too sweet:) I hope you are doing well. Blessings, to you!

Joni said...

I am a pastor's wife as well and struggle with the "meet and greet" side of the ministry. I tend to like to keep to myself. God has really been working on me though and blessing me along the way as I get to know our congregation and find ways to quietly serve them. I am glad to know I am not alone in the "Sunday Struggle."

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative