Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Things We Say

You never know how powerful your words are.

An old school friend of mine shared a memory with me. She described the scene, told me what I said...but I couldn't remember the moment! She sure did. I said something kind to her and it was something she needed to hear. It was something that meant more to her than I ever imagined. I'm glad that in that moment, I spoke my heart. It was the Holy Spirit using me.

Last night I spoke to a women's group. A close knit group of a "sisterhood" that I am fortunate enough to claim as my own. When I was finished, I was approached by several of my "sisters" and they had such nice things to say. Honestly, I was a little disappointed in my presentation, but apparently my message touched several people.

The evening was not about me needing to take my own advice, but about speaking the truth that the Holy Spirit put on my heart for others to hear.


"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)


I understand my passion now. It's not just about "speaking in public" and teaching, but to deliver the message that God gives to me. Even if the message I am delivering seems to be "old hat" and maybe not as poignant for me personally, those words I share may change someone else's heart.

You just never know.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Bubble wrap
2. My son cleaning the kitchen
3. Sweaty feet
4. A compliment by a stranger
5. Photo kiosks

post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative