Thursday, April 21, 2011

One of Those Days

You ever have one of those days that just pushed you to the limit every time you turned around?

That was today. I don't feel like talking much about it right now, but I know that Satan had a field day with me today. I was so busy and overwhelmed and angry at a situation that my joy was nowhere to be found. It was sucked out of me. The crazy thing is that I had more joy than I knew what to do with Wednesday afternoon! I even caught myself singing at the top of my lungs on the way home from Las Cruces. I mean I was singing like nobody's business:)

I guess the enemy just could not handle my happiness and he definitely got the best of me today.

During our Maundy Thursday service tonight, as I was taking communion from my husband, I became a little emotional. It was if Christ was touching my heart. I was reminded me that He was with me, even if I was not completely in the moment. He brought me back to that important moment of what the meaning of communion is about. The reverence, the beauty, the realization of what the Creator of the Universe did for us.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Trying a new place to eat
2. A friend in church taking charge of my little one while I played music for the service
3. A new book on my Kindle
4. My little one curling up next to me, snoring 5 minutes later
5. Memories from an old friend


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative