Monday, October 19, 2009

Time

Time.

We are always short of time.

"If only I had a few more hours in the day..."

"If only I had a few extra weeks before the holidays actually arrived..."

"If only I had a few more months of my child being an infant..."

We could go on and on about "needing" more time.

I had a realization this past weekend as I attending the Sangre de Oro Family Education Weekend (bleeding disorder community in New Mexico). I looked around and there were lots of young parents and lots of older adults, but no one my age (early 40's).

It was strange. I mean, I guess I am really getting older and am not a "young parent" anymore. I feel like one...but I'm not.

I remember my mom at the age I am at. She was diagnosed with diabetes and her health started to deteriorate. She seemed so much older than I feel right now.

But something happened this weekend that definitely made me feel older.

When I did this...my eyeliner went on so much easier...



Have you had that moment where you accepted the fact that time was marching on?

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. a new doctor
2. hearing good things about my husband's ministry
3. fat envelopes
4. having the week off from taking Christian to chemo
5. new folders

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative