Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Perpetual Cookie Jar


I have a very difficult time buying gifts for my husband.  There's not much that he wants or needs, so getting creative with gifts for birthday's and holiday's keeps me busy.  Last Christmas I gave him a pretty clever gift (if I do say so myself).  He loves my homemade sugar free cookies, so I decided to give him the gift of cookies!  I bought him a cookie jar for his office at the church and I keep it filled with my homemade treats.   



What I like about the gift is that it gives throughout the year.  Every day.  Just like Christ gives His love freely to us...non stop, all year long.



There is never a moment where we are alone.  Yes, we may be physically alone, maybe even for hours or days at a time, but God is with us always.  That little voice in our minds and hearts is being heard by God.  He knows our deepest desires and greatest fears.  But He also knows how we love and share and spread the Good News.



Today I Am Thankful For:



1.      A new showerhead

2.      DVR's

3.      Chunky pens

4.      Seeing long distance friends in the flesh

5.      A great manicure


post signature

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative