Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After

We had a wonderful, quiet Thanksgiving. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law came in to spend a few days with us. My turkey was moist, everything else was fabulous and I didn't have to clean the kitchen, and I took a very, long nap. What more could I ask for?

With such a wonderful day, how could I feel so lonely? My dad went home to the Lord just over a year ago, and my mom went twelve years ago. My only sibling and I have been estranged for seven years despite my attempts at reconciliation. It has to be in God's time, not mine. It still hurts.

"El Roi", the God who sees me, knows my heart. He knows the deepest desires of our hearts and he knows the pain and longing that we endure. Regardless, He is there for us.

I am so thankful for my family. The love I am surrounded by with my husband and boys, my friends, and my church family. God has me on this journey for a reason.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. leftovers
2. going to the gym (after a two week hiatus)
3. family
4. shopping
5. books

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative