Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

"Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Isn't that hard? To be joyful always...what about when you have children that are in the teen years? Pray continually...I have trouble dedicating myself to regular quiet time, how can I pray continualy? Give thanks in all circumstances...what if you and a close loved no longer speak to each other?

No matter how angry or frustrated your "teen" makes you, be joyful that you have a child when so many do not.

Prayer is not just sitting in a quiet place and talking to God. You can pray in the car, while washing dishes, watching television...it's about conversation.

How can I give thanks when I am estranged from someone I love? I love that person with my whole heart and pray for them regularly, but when I look back at the different events that have unfolded as a result of the dissolution of that relationship, I have seen God work in my life. I wouldn't be where I am today, physically, geographically or spiritually if I was still in that relationship.

God is good. All the time.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. family coming to town
2. orange juice
3. warm socks
4. Santa Fe
5. turkey to cook

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative