Friday, November 14, 2008

A Wonderful Book

I have just finished reading a fantastic book, The Shack, by William P. Young. It's the story of a man, Mack, who endures a tragedy and God appears to him in different human forms representing God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

At the retreat I was recently at, I heard some ladies discussing the book as being too new age. They were a little offended at representations of Christ made by Mr. Young.

I didn't see it that way at all. Actually, it helped me to visualize the different forms God takes in our lives. It changed my perspective and really made me think. I mean we don't know what God physically looks like. We have preconceived notions from our Sunday School teachings, books, parents, etc. on what God may or may not look like.

The bottom line is that I know He lives in my heart. I am glad Mr. Young painted this interesting picture of the Trinity for our day and age. The Father wants us to know him deeply, intimately and if developing a picture in our mind helps to further that relationship, I am all for it.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. the cold weather
2. hotel rooms
3. seeing my colleagues from across the country
4. safe travels
5. my husband loving seminary

0 comments:

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative