Monday, November 10, 2008

Time Away

I was so blessed to be part of the Celebration Womens Prayer Retreat this past weekend. It was held in the Texas Hill Country in Brenham (home of Blue Bell) and the weather was perfect.

It was a time for renewal. A time for being still and focusing on what God wants to do in me. I did struggle at first because I didn't really know anyone but one person very well, but the Lord worked in me and I was there for a few reasons.

I had the chance to minister to two different ladies and I am so glad that God gave me the words to speak to them.

I also had time to be alone. Truly alone with Him. We spent an hour and a half in silence to journal, pray, do what we needed to do. What a blessing that was! I don't know the last time I had that kind of silence! I spent my time in a grove of trees, with the wind gently blowing surrounded by yellow butterfiles. Yes, it was as wonderful as you would imagine.

I also had my beliefs tested. Part of the teaching over the weekend was on Healing Prayer. The presenter was a Methodist deacon who runs a retreat center that focuses its healing through Theophostic Prayer. I'm just not too sure about all of that. I know we are the hands and feet of Christ, but she led us to think that by putting our hands on others who need healing and praying for them, that healing will come.

Yes, I know the Lord works in amazing ways and mircales happen. Cancer is suddenly out of a persons body, arthritis is gone completely, a shoulder beyond repair is healed. But what about someone with a bleeding disorder, or Cerebal Palsy? If I put my hands on them and pray for healing and they are not healed, what does that mean?

At first I thought that maybe my faith was not strong enough to be part of this type of praying, but I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, so nothing is wrong with my faith!

I believe there are many ways to pray and not one of them is wrong. It's ultimately about your relationship with Christ. I pray that each of you develop and strengthen the bond you have with Him through prayer.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. orange juice
2. a good night's sleep
3. uneventful travel
4. homemade popcorn
5. sweat pants

1 comments:

Ronbot Van Helsing said...

"Theophostic Prayer Ministry" is Scientology in disguise.

A "TPM facilitator" (Scientology Auditor) leads the seeker (Preclear) through a "session" (same term as in Scientology Auditing) of "guided imagery" and "directed visualization" ("Dianetic reverie", "mockups" and "mental image pictures") towards "mind renewal experience" ("Clear") by dealing with past buried memories that may still be bringing you down today ("Engrams").

They claim that they seek to bring you to self-responisibility (Hubbard's "Self determinism") even as they keep you addicted to more and more "TPM Sessions".

They call each person's session a "case" (just like Scientology) and offer "training", "courses" and "seminars" (just like Scientology) in TPM Facilitating, which is simply Auditing without the E-meter.

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative