Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Jones'

In our society it is so hard to not focus on what everyone else has or what everyone else is doing. Being the wife of a minister, I find that I question myself quite a bit. "What if I don't......, What if I decide to not complete this study....., What if, What if."

"Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?") When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?" Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." John 21:20-21

Perhaps a bible study we are participating in is not where we need to be. Doubt can cloud our mind as to whether or not we are worthy enough or smart enough to be there, but actually, it may not be God's time for us to hear that message.

How do we discern where we need to be? Do we rely on what our neighbor is doing? Do we rely on what the church is "expecting" of us? No. Absolutely not. We must rely on God speaking to us. We need to continue to practice being still to hear His word.

Today I Am Thankful For:

1. Gabe, my personal trainer, aka the "Workout Nazi"
2. Albondigas (meatball soup)
3. preparing for our annual trip to the NHF meeting
4. plants
5. my husband, pushing me through my low points

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Cazandra, finding time to immerse ourselves in God's word. That is what I need more of. Thank for reminding me and thank you for the information on inductive study. It reminds me of Disciple Bible Study which I have enjoyed in the past. As for struggling with the "What if" questions, I need to remember God is my source, my lifeblood. I am worthy bcause he chose me.

Speakers and Writers

Design:


Photo credits ~ Dreamstime

A 2008 Graduate of

Recommended Reading

  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, Joanna Weaver
  • Praying the Names of God, Ann Spangler
  • The Shack, William P. Young
  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers
  • Bad Girls of the Bible, Liz Curtis Higgs
  • The Mark of the Lion Triology, Francine Rivers
  • The Mitford Series, Jan Karon

  ©Blog Design by Mary Hess Designs.

Return to top  

Google Analytics Alternative